How do I get involved with PEF?
There are several ways you can be involved with PEF, including:
- If you are a school – PEF can attend your Careers Days or provide a presentation on property careers and its pathways to students at a pre-arranged day and time.
- If you are a student – we can assist you with applying for our scholarship and provide general property career information.
- If you are a business within the property industry – we would love for you to support PEF and reap the benefits of young people choosing a career in property. For more information on how to support PEF, click here.
How do I apply for a PEF scholarship?
Applying for a PEF Scholarship is simple. Visit the ‘Scholarships’ section on our website and download the application form. Return the completed form to via email or post, and you will be notified of the outcome.
How do I find out if I am successful?
Once the applications have closed, the shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview. After the interviews have been conducted, the shortlisted applicants will be contacted directly, and the lucky winner announced!
What are the criteria for applying for a PEF scholarship?
Applicants must be:
- An Australian Citizen
- Enrolling in the first year of study at University
- Studying a Property/Property related major (Property, Property Development & Valuation, Property & Finance, Property & Marketing, Urban Development & Regional Planning)
- Enrolling in full time study (100 credits) each semester
What does the scholarship consist of?
Scholarship recipients receive $12,000 across the three years of their study, internship placement, and invitations to networking and educational events held by PEF.
Scholarship recipients must maintain a full-time study load for the duration of their property and property related degree and achieve a minimum course weighted average of 70%.
How can I support PEF?
You can support PEF in many ways!
As an individual, you can volunteer to be on the Management Subcommittee.
As a company, you can become a Sponsor. Take a look at all the valuable ways you can support the work of PEF.
How can PEF support me in my career journey?
We can help you with your career journey by providing you with internship opportunities in order to gain an insight and work experience in the industry.
We can also provide information on property careers and what options you may have available to you.
Does PEF hold networking events?
PEF typically hold a few events per calendar year – check out the Events Calendar under the Events tab for details.
Does it cost anything for PEF to present at my school?
No, it does not.
To organise a presentation at your school, contact us at email@example.com.
How do I apply for an internship with PEF?
Applying for an internship with PEF is simple. Send your Resume and academic reports to firstname.lastname@example.org and ensure you include the following information:
- Your year of study
- Degree you are enrolled in
- Contact phone number
- Email address.
If you are successful, we will contact you before the June/July semester break to set up a placement.
When are internship placements offered?
Internships are offered during the June/July university semester break.
What is the cut-off date for applying for an internship?
Students should apply by the end of April each year.