As I mentioned in our February Newsletter, this year’s program is an ambitious one and our activities in the past two months proved the point.
Here are a few of the main events:
- On 15th February UDIA Lunch, as part of our partnership with the UDIA, the Foundation held a fundraising raffle and raised $2435.00.
- On 10th March, the Foundation sent 8 Curtin University students to the Property Council Commercial Conference.
- On 20th March, the Foundation and students were guests of UDIA (WA) at their Breakfast function where the Reserve Bank of Australia was the main speaker.
- On 28th March, our Annual Yachting Regatta was held at the Royal Perth Yacht Club.
- Our first “Meet the Leaders” at UWA on 3rd April was held in the University Hall.
Welcome to the first Newsletter of 2019
The new year has commenced on a hive of activity, much like the end of last year.
First, I would like to thank the Board of Directors for giving me another term as Chairman. Also, I welcome 3 new Property Education Foundation Board members
- Helen Lassam – Director APIL
- Jo Little – Director Commercial & Retail Property – Longreach Recruitment
- Tanya Steinbeck – CEO UDIAWA
and also Rowena Ong who was elected to the Board at the November AGM.
During 2018 the WA economy has remained fairly flat, although, in the second half we have seen a resurgence in the resource sector with expansion in iron ore production and development and the emergence of lithium mining projects. The property industry, in general has remained stagnant, however, new investments in the commercial, hotel and retail sectors are underway.
21 Aug 2018 Media Release – The Property Education Foundation joins UDIA(WA) and Property Council (WA)
I am very happy to announce that the Property Education Foundation is now the official Education Partner of the UDIA (WA) and the Property Council (WA). These partnerships will further enhance the influence of the Foundation in its quest to promote and support property education and training of property students.
The Property Education Foundation placed 19 property undergraduates from Curtin University with industry organisations during the June-July winter break.
We thank Landcorp, Landgate, Savills, Primewest, Perron Group, Mark Hay Realty and Realmark Commercial and all their staff who provided the interns with valuable practical training.
Property industry leaders were at Curtin University participating in a Property Education Foundation speed advice session that attracted 60 students including 3 from University of WA. The students were undergraduates and postgraduates from various disciplines including property development & valuation/finance/marketing, accounting/taxation/banking, public relations, economics, law, engineering, construction, information systems & technology and science.
To read more
PEF was delighted to host 80 visitors to the Optus Stadium before it’s official launch. Getting behind the
scenes into the $1.6 billion project was a real thrill, with guests able to view the Dockers and West Coast
Eagles change rooms and the range of great corporate entertaining suites. PEF wishes to congratulate
the State Government for delivering such a fantastic asset to the Perth area!
To read more