As I mentioned in our February Newsletter, this year’s program is an ambitious one and our activities in the past two months proved the point.
Here are a few of the main events:
- On 15th February UDIA Lunch, as part of our partnership with the UDIA, the Foundation held a fundraising raffle and raised $2435.00. Our thanks to Hawaiian and Primewest Management for donating the raffle items – a 2018 Eagles Premiership guernsey signed by all the premiership players and an Esplanade Hotel accomodation and meals voucher respectively. (See photos at www.pef.org.au)
- On 10th March, the Foundation sent 8 Curtin University students to the Property Council Commercial Conference. This was a benefit of our partnership with Property Council.
- On 20th March, the Foundation and students were guests of UDIA (WA) at their Breakfast function where the Reserve Bank of Australia was the main speaker
- On 28th March, our Annual Yachting Regatta was held at the Royal Perth Yacht Club. We had 11 Foundation 36 yachts and over 130 participants who had a spectacular afternoon competing for the coveted trophy and then enjoying an awesome after party.
The property industry support for this main fundraising event has been fantastic – our sincere thanks to Cape Bouvard, CBRE, Cedar Woods, Colliers International, MNG Survey, Perron Group, Primewest Management, PropertyESP, Savills, Stockland and UDIA Outlook Committee.
Congratulations to the Savills Team for coming in first and winning the 2019 Trophy, followed by Cape Bouvard second and Primewest Management third. The MNG Survey Team was most handsome complete with uniforms, hats and scarfs.
The DJ was sponsored by PropertyESP as the after party entertainment.
- Our first “Meet the Leaders” at UWA on 3rd April was held in the University Hall. Over 50 enthusiastic students engaged in discussions and networking with our 8 industry leaders. I wish to thank Peter Agostino (Ascot Capital), Andrew Byars (Perron Group), Troy Leber (Bankwest), Richard Di Perna (iConsultSolutions), Tamara Heng (Lavan Legal), Helen Lassam (APIL Ltd), and Dominic Snellgrove (CCN) for sharing their expertise and providing advice to the students.
You may see all the photographs on our website www.pef.org.au
With a series of school career evenings, internship program and our partnership lunch with Property Council coming up in the next few months, the Foundation marches on!